Research Associate, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics (Reference ID: RA_MB_01)
The ideal candidate is a well-organized and adaptable team player who will maintain processes to discover novel biologic therapeutics. This position will contribute to multiple drug discovery activities using molecular biology, Next Gen Sequencing analysis, and liquid handling robotics. A demonstrated ability to learn new skills, an attention to detail, and independence in problem solving are vitally important qualities for this role. Experience in developing antibody clones against membrane proteins, such GPCRs, is highly desirable.
About Tectonic Therapeutic
Tectonic is a privately held biotechnology company that aims to transform the discovery of novel GPCR-targeted drugs and unlock the therapeutic utility the most challenging receptors in the class. Tectonic’s founders are at the forefront of scientific research in biochemistry and molecular pharmacology with an extensive track record of entrepreneurial achievement.
- Serve as a key contributor to the discovery of antibodies to therapeutic targets
- Perform high throughput cloning of antibodies and target constructs
- Use automation and liquid handlers for plate-based processes
- Use LIMS and database tools for sample tracking and processing
- Perform NGS sample preparation, quality control and loading of instrument
- Maintain supply inventories for cloning and liquid handling processes
- Maintain a detailed and accurate electronic lab notebook
- B.A. or B.S. or M.Sc. in Biology or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in high throughput molecular biology in an academic or industry setting
- Experience with DNA cloning, Gibson Assembly and E. coli transformation
- Hands-on experience with Excel and other applications for managing tables of data
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics tools and their use in sequence analysis
- Experience with robotics and liquid handlers is highly desirable
The position of Research Associate, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics represents a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to join an innovative start-up at the heart of the Boston biotech ecosystem and contribute to its long term success.
The ability to work in a focused, methodical and independent fashion within a team to meet project goals and objectives is required, as is the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are also required.
Interested applicants may write to firstname.lastname@example.org with attached cover letter and CV in PDF format. Please include the job reference ID in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment solely on the basis of on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.