Scientist, Protein Chemistry (Reference ID: SC_PC_03)
The Scientist/ Sr. Scientist, Protein Chemistry will be a versatile and highly collaborative team player who has a deep understanding of protein chemistry, biophysical characterization, and structural analysis. Hands on experience with purification of soluble enzymes and/or antibodies is required but the ideal candidate would be adaptable, engaged, and creative protein scientist. The successful candidate will contribute to our core research capabilities and development of our GPCR platform.
The candidate would support a novel protein engineering project and assist in the purification/characterization of therapeutic antibodies to GPCR targets. This position represents a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to join an innovative start-up at the heart of the Boston biotech ecosystem and contribute to its long-term success.
About Tectonic Therapeutic:
Tectonic is a privately held biotechnology company that aims to transform the discovery of novel GPCR-targeted drugs and unlock the therapeutic utility of the most challenging receptors in the class. Tectonic’s founders are at the forefront of scientific research in biochemistry and molecular pharmacology with an extensive track record of entrepreneurial achievement.
- Develop and implement construct designs and strategies for optimal expression/purification
- Manage CRO activities related to enzymatic activity assays, analyze results, and contribute to timely reporting
- Assist in the design and implement assays for manufacturability assessment leading to clinical candidate selection
- Contribute to development and execution of assays with techniques such as DSF, ITC, and SPR in support of the engineering project and core platform
- Develop high throughput purification strategies using robotic liquid handlers
- Potentially support membrane isolation, detergent extraction, and purification of GPCRs to be used as antigens in discovery campaigns
- Maintain a detailed and accurate lab notebook
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related discipline with demonstrated track record of scientific achievement in protein research
- Experience optimizing protein purification, and biochemical/biophysical characterization
- Proficiency with affinity, size-exclusion, and ion exchange purification on AKTA FPLC and analytical chromatography on Agilent HPLC/UPLC desired
- Past success in implementation of high throughput protein purification strategies using robotics preferred
- Proficient communication skills and ability to work both independently and in teams
- Keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize work on multiple projects, timelines and company goals
- Desire to quickly learn new skills and adapt to new challenges in a rapidly developing startup environment
Interested applicants may write to email@example.com with attached cover letter and CV in PDF format. Please include the job reference ID in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment solely on the basis of on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.